Quote:

Cab - I shifted it at 7000 and the rpm dropped to 5500 - 5600. I have tried shifting it higher but it did no go any faster so there was no reason to still shift it up there. I have never tried shifting it lower.

Greg - The springs have about 35 runs on them since Dwayne Porter did the heads. I did not even consider them to be an issue. The car run good so I never really considered going there.

I had also thought about changing the carb but the one I have runs so good I have procrastinated on spending that money.

I do realize that a bunch of my stuff is left over or reused from my previous engine but unfortunately buying all new stuff for a new engine is not an option. I realize that this means my combination is not optimum.

Like Monty said maybe I have to put a cam in it to get all the other stuff to work.

Thanks again for the input

One other thing here.......that is a LOT of rpm drop on the shift. Two things........one, either you are turning the motor WAY too hard for that camshaft, or the converter is too tight at the shift to make it drop so much rpm.......Does the motor accelerate good AFTER the shift, or does it just lay on the converter

Monte