Thanks guys for the responses. I had a chance to read them but I have been crazy busy so I could not respond till now.

The cam was designed for the 451 I had in the car previously. It worked well in that motor. It was easy on parts and I had not had issues with it. We had dynoed a friends motor that had a way bigger cam in it and the results were similar so I went with it. I must admit I was a little hurt when the dyno operator asked me what year motorhome the engine was going in once he had heard it run.

With regards to the 4 link I think this is the area I need to concentrate on. I have a set of scales and I am going to scale it. I will also plot the bars once that is done and I know where we are at I can make some adjustments. The issue at our track is we don't get any runs so it could take a full season to get the four link set up. I realize that if I want it to work right I need to do it but I also want race.

I am still not sure that the converter is right. I have attached a copy of the dyno sheet. I am confused by the torque curve on this sheet. Almost like the operator should have lowered the start rpm for the pulls to get the torque peak. In my opinion (which is more than likely completely wrong) I think that a 5600 to 6200 stall is too high. I am tempted to try a lower stall just for kicks but the eight (that's right Eight perfectly good converters) that I currently own are stopping me from buying another one.

There are a lot of guys on this site that have forgotten more about this stuff than I will ever know so your input and expertise are greatly appreciated.

8188457-DynoSheet512.pdf (336 downloads)

Thanx 451 Guy

512 cu in 71 Demon Super Street Car - NO LONGER - Broke Crank
Best ET 9.57 @ 139.96

451 cu in Pump Gas - 71 Demon Super Street Car
Best ET 9.99 @ 136.80

512 cu in 69 Charger R/T
Best ET 11.39 @ 118.11