Quote:

While that may be true, in this case the OP said it was all about "winning rounds", NOT laying down killer 60ft numbers. So if your only goal is to be consistent and win rounds, the 60ft is not really of any consequence, as long as the car does it the same every round. A two speed WILL be more consistent, I doubt many will dispute that.

My other responses were geared towards the "glide car won't 60ft" comments, that perpetuate EVERY thread on this board where a glide gets mentioned. Does EVERY car need a glide, of course not. But also does a car having a glide automatically make it a weak 60ft car...HELL no. So as with all things, a one size fits all scenario does not apply here.

One other thing......if you are a true bracket racer, that only cares about winning rounds and your car easily makes the ET break for the class and you can have good lights.......why would you care what it 60fts. Cut a light, run the number, drive the finish line, YOU WIN!!! A better 60ft never won a bracket race. What will be more consistent on a track to track basis......a car that goes low 1.30 60fts, but is on the edge or has the wheels 3 feet in the air, or the car that "drives off" and goes high 30 or low 40 60fts?

Rarely does getting every ounce of performance from your combo AND winning lots of rounds go hand in hand. A car "on the edge" is usually an inconsistent car. How many times a guy tell you "I lost 2 in the 60 and couldn't catch him".........when I bracket raced, I heard it every day at the track. And it was MY quest for ultimate performance that pushed me from brackets to heads up. I decided I wanted my car to be as fast as it could be, but I also started winning lots less rounds, because I was always "tinkering" instead of just standing pat and going rounds. Just have to decide what your goals are

Monte

I would take a glide any day over a 727 or 904 for bracket racing.