I am not sure if I am going to be able to get a hard line to fit from the VS to the carb inlet as my application is non-oem with a high rise intake and the dual fuel line for my Holley. Would it be safe to run just rubber hose from the VS outlet to the carburetor fuel fitting...maybe 18" or so?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Did you ever check to see if fuel is drippling in the secondary venturis while the car is ideling after a few minutes?

I have not as I pulled the pump to check the push rod and the car is laid up now until I get this fuel system put back together. Why am I checking for this?

Quote:

I'm a little late to the party however, if your hood clearance permits, consider adding a carb spacer/insulator.

I have a 1/4" composite carb gasket so that should help here.

Quote:

Putting an electric pump back by the gas tank, shielded from exhaust heat, is the best way to eliminate vapor lock. Remove the mechanical pump. Run a return line to move a little fuel all the time.

Never gonna happen on this car. I know electric fuel pumps can combat vapor lock but they can add a whole other host of problems. I am going to stick with mechanical on this car. I am adding the return line though.