Quote:

Quote:

Challenger1 is right on the money. The vapor separator is designed to provide a return to the tank. MY 70 Cuda 318 came a return connected to the separator.

Mopar started addressing the vapor lock problems back in the mid 1960s on the street hemi cars and other Hi Po models with the fuel filter vapor return lines. My wifes 1986 Ram 250 van has a 318 in it with this fuel filter You can buy them at almost any parts house, buy one and try it mounted between the fuel pump and the carb.

Does anybody have a part number or application I can use to find this particular filter?

I am also confused as to the difference between a 'vapor line' and a 'return line'. They are not the same thing, right?

I have a vapor seperator directly in front and above my fuel tank but that connected to the VAPOR LINE which would go the charcoal canister. Wasn't this used to contain fuel vapor from the tank and allow the motor to suck these in an burn them instead fo just venting to the air? You wouldn't want liquid fuel returning on this line as the tank could then not vent?? My car had a vapor line/canister which is long gone now.

My car did not have a FUEL RETURN LINE as far as I know. My sender only had a single 5/16" nipple for the fuel line. Therefore nowhere to connect a return as far as I know. That being said the sender I have in there now does have a 1/4" nipple for a return line so I should be good. I just want to clarify that when you reference a 'vapor seperator/flilter', you mean that black box and NOT the seperator back by the tank for venting...

The only issue I can see with this filter you are suggesting is that I run a 3/8" fuel line and my fuel hose is now going to be a size too large. Do they make these filters with 3/8" nipples for the in/out and 1/4" for the return?

Thanks!