Quote:

Quote:

I myself am just wondering how effective the burst plates are in the front side and the rear side of the RR intake, seems to me they would be more effective if they were on top of the lid more near the center?

I cannot answer your question with my own experience, as I have yet to use my RR intake. However, I placed them where they are, as recommended by a board member, with a lot of experience with the RR intakes and modifications to the same.
Mark

Shooting from the hip here, but I think it might be important to try and not compare an intake back fire to a normal combustion chamber ignition event, mainly not compressed to 180+psi prior to ignition and only 2"? max flame travel vs a partial manifold vacuum with 12 or more inches of flame travel. I suspect also that we are not talking long ram style intakes which would develop a certain amount of column inertia during a backfire. The most important point I think to consider is the large partial vacuum intake plenum likely works as a pretty good pressure shock absorber as the backfire begins, and the burst reliever has a lot more time to vent this pressure as the backfire takes place, and the pressure is pretty well distributed because of the relatively large volume, and where the burst panel is located would should not be as critical, more will it flow enough outflow to keep pressure spike workable. Ideally though more centrally located would be best, but knowing in advance which cyl starts the back fire would also mean one knows which cylinder to focus on to prevent it, if it's only one. As much as I may be minimizing the pressures, it is still a large energy pulse. I also have a bridge for sale.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.