First off, thanks to all of you for the nice things that were said about me.

I'm not out to make a profit in this hobby, it would be nice, but I don't get out enough anymore to make that happen. I'm happy if I can come out ahead for the WEEKEND expenses. But as stated, if you can get the same (or better) payout closer to home, with the cost of gas for the tow vehicle, motels, entry fees, race fuel, etc - I just saved $500-$800 by NOT going to a far away specialty event, (assuming I didn't get to the semis or better) So, I guess the car COULD make money sitting in the shop, Monte. lol (if I had a shop)

I saw the word 'fun' thrown in a few replies. I'm gonna have 'fun' anywhere I race. Not a factor. I'll see the Mopar crowd up at Norwalk in September...again, not happy with the payout structure of that event (street paying the same as pro with half as many entries, you can see what purse my 'pro' entry fee is helping to pay) but it's about 2 hours away and the best facility to race at.

As for events growing...let's hope so, it seems like a few of them are in their beginning stages, maybe the payout will get better with time. We'll see.