Quote:

Sorry but I have to laugh when I read posts like this. Are you really into drag racing for the money? MOPAR races are put on by MOPAR lovers at tracks they rent, rain or shine. Out of the entry monies and some sponsor money they pay rent, advertising, sometimes food, bands, round money, finalist money, and who knows what else. These guys aren't rich enough to own tracks so they rent them for the weekend. I know it cost 1000 dollars to prep the track surface before a single car makes a pass. Add insurance, taxes, ambulance coverage, payroll, and probably 50 other things I'm forgetting. The choice is yours to make. You can go and have fun with other MOPAR lovers, stay home and cut the grass, or maybe you are capable of putting a race together with big payouts. If you do don't forget to advertise and have a personalitUy people like.

Pat( the OP) is one of the nicest people I have met in my entire life. I think most anybody who knows him would say the same thing. Him and his wife are first class folks.
He also isn't wealthy, and fortunately for him is an outstanding racer who is a threat to win any race he enters. When finances dictate you can only make it to certain races , it at that point becomes a best bang for the buck type of thing , when you are one of a handful of guys who expect to win every time you enter a race.
Wish I was that good, most of us aren't. But looking at it financially in this day and age isn't a bad thing, it just the reality of the economic times and knowing you have to be selective where you spend your money racing.

69 Dart GTS A4 Silver All steel, flat factory hood, 3360race weight
418 BPE factory replacement headed stroker, 565 lift solid cam
Best so far, low 10.30’s 1/4
1.41 best 60 foot
6.56 at 104.17