So I'm checking out the Mopar events this year, what is with the weak payouts? $65/$75 entry to win $1000? $50 to win $1000?

These aren't any better than normal bracket racing payouts. I thought specialty races were supposed to entice you with better than average payouts? Look at Norwalk, $30 entry, $1100 to win, Milan $45 entry, 1000-1200 to win (depending on car count). These are better deals, people!

We have a 2-day Mopar vs world race at Ubly, $155 for the weekend, 5k to win Sat and 2k to win Sun. Now, THAT'S enticing...

I know some races may have consolation prizes for one racer during a losing round, or racer bbq's, but as a serious racer, I'm looking at the payout, and that will determine how far I will be willing to drive to attend...if I'm not seeing something paying better than the typical local bracket race, I probably won't be traveling over 2 hours to get there. All Mopar or not...

I know everyone doesn't feel the same, some are just happy to race...that's fine. Serious racers (and maybe budget conscious racers) look at the big picture, payout vs expenses.