Quote:

Regardless of how good you are, you certainly get put on the trailer at more races than you go to the finals. So the "it doesn't pay enough" argument has never made much sense to me. Even if the race pays less to win than you would like.........that's probably more than it will make sitting in the shop.......just my thoughts.

This is a VERY common statement I hear from heads-up guys. They spend close to 100k to build a car and then complain the races "don't pay enough" to go........really??? So my next question is usually "exactly how many BIG races have you ever won"........the answer is usually none, so then I tell them that it doesn't matter what it pays then..........LOL!!!

Monte

THIS.

NSS pays $1500 to win. Street here pays $125 (pro/super at my local track pays 1000/2000 to win, guaranteed purse). I have just as much fun running my street car as I do running NSS. Just, with the traveling for NSS it is nice to come out ahead for the day if I win. When you spend a crap ton of money to build a car and only run it at the two big $$ races that come to your area each year, YOU are the one that loses because YOU don't see a return on the investment in the car. At the end of the day, this is something we do for fun, so why limit your ability to have fun?