Guys, I really appreciate all of the talk about ignition wires. EVERYONE is correct if they said that there is no magic in an ignition lead. It's job is to get electricity from point A to point B, so it can jump a gap on the spark plug inside the piston cylinder. If the cylinder is burning the fuel as efficiently as possible, consistency is achieved. But, if somewhere along the line, there is an inconsistency, like a rich or lean condition, "dirty" cylinder with oil, carbon, or compression leakage, one might see an lack of complete burn. If someone wanted to richen or increase the cylinder pressure with a power-adder, but the spark is not strong enough, somebody intelligent might consider either increasing the amount or duration of spark, or decreasing the gap the spark needs to jump. Most racers can not increase their dwell because of their ignition system does not allow that tuning. Another way is to increase the amount of "juice" going into the cylinder. Hotter Ignition source. Many of the "top " racers go to a Magneto Ignition. But, if the ignition wire will not allow that much millijoules or amps of energy to travel down the conductive core, it will quickly heat up so much as to melt, catch fire, or just burn up. We saw this in the mag-machine while testing at DSR. There are purpose-built wires for different levels of ignition. For this reason(to my knowledge), there are only two manufactures of ignition wires used at the Top Fuel level. If you feel that there is "magic or mojo" that a sales campaign is using to get the highest level of racers to use either of those two ignition manufacture's wires, I'm not sure you can fathom what it takes to to be competitive at that level.

As stated, I was a member here before helping spec our wires, and I'll be here long after if I ever get out of the biz. If racers can not appreciate when a manufacture, any manufacture, helps sponsor local and national races, supports racers by going to races and fixing things for free, having an open-door policy at a race or even to my home, and even being around for tech questions here, at a race, or on my personal cell phone...well. I'm sorry. We are a very small American company. We are growing, and can not achieve that growth without word-of-mouth advertising. I have not started a wire thread, to my knowledge, in years. My wife and I have bent over backwards for racers over and over...why? It's the right thing to do, and being an extremely small business, most times it costs us money out of our pocket. We get it. Sometimes a striving business needs to do this. It's funny how the quickest racers and their crew chiefs in the world swear by and trust a product, but there are still bashers who have never tried that product. That applies to ANY product in the marketplace. I still love you guys, and will still support the groups that are in this hobby.

Join the quickest team in motorsports. Team FireCore. CustomWiresets.com