Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

On a race car the way that s605 is wired is fine if you turn the master off.

Street car, if you leave the master on, the S605 will be a constant draw and drain the battery. It needs to be switched with something from a keyed source in the on position.

There's a minimum standard, then there are improvements.

Uhggg...... Why must there always be problems?! Are there relays available that would work like this, but not need to be switched? I generally break the master cutoff whenever I leave the car. But if I were to add this, I would want to do it correctly and not expose myself to potential dead battery issues. Wiring it all the way from the key switch seems like a hassle and lots of added wiring, which I don't want.

PS: sorry to hi-jack, but this is good info. and I think its relevent to the OP.

Find a wire that is hot when key is in run position and wire it to trigger the CD relay, pretty simple.

What's a 16ga wire weigh... not much and have it mirror route of the taillight wiring.

Rob is right as it is simple just make sure you use key on powered wire as I would not use a hot all the time wire for much of anything so you dont have a draw. I leave my switch on most of the time on the street and have no drain at all. But I run my alt output back to the battery side of the master switch and only use a solenoid for my starter cable. I do turn it off if I park the car where I cant see it all the time. Ron