Quote:

Quote:

My recommendation, having been there, done this, is to modify the tailshaft of the TKO by cutting off any casting ribs, esp on top of the tailshaft, and the forward unused ear tabs on top of the tranny near the bellhousing, these usually hit the tunnel on the passenger side, did you install a factory 4 spd hump?, or the sheetmetal "patch" supplied with your kit?, I would also loosen as many motor mount bolts, let the engine sit on it's own weight in the K, then tighten all the bolts up, you may also need to fold the pinchweld rearward around the firewall to transmission tunnel transition area slightly to gain more room around the bellhousing when you raise the tail of the tranny higher, you should be able to gain 1"+, you'll need to fab a spacer for the poly transmission mount...this should bring your driveline angle back to stock, I would use an inclination meter to confirm driveline angle, driveshaft angle, and pinion angle...are you using the TKO tranny mount or a modified factory piece

Mike

^^^^ Listen to this guy.

The reason it is sitting at an angle isbecause of the Kiesler no hack fit, it's a compromise otherwise Mopar owners would never buy it if they knew they were required to cut on the car for a correct driveline angle .

agreed, part of the problem, esp if it's an early kit, Keisler was reluctant to modify the exterior transmission case, other than where the shift tower mods were made, I'd rather slim down the outside case of ribs, tabs, bosses, etc that are the biggest cause of interference in getting the tranny stuffed into the tunnel, and establishing a "stock" driveline angle, plus Keisler's insistence on using their sheetmetal patch to create a manual hump in a once automatic car, you need all the room you can get, as the TKO is an extremely tall case design, so afactory 4spd hump helps out a lot, plus cleaning up a lot of the floor/crossmember of excess metal flange slop left by the factory, you need to massage the entire tunnel/floor and crossmenber for every ounce of room you can get in the 2nd Gen Charger

...I have no issues with cutting floors for clearance, but like I said the tranny has a lot of excess that can be shed, that won't affect the transmission in any way, so before you take a blade or cutting/flapwheel to the car, trim the tranny