Quote:

Quote:

Holy crap, most of these cars are TANKS. I have a hard time seeing how some of these cars are SO heavy.

My GTX was all steel except for the hood. Factory glass, factory rails and pans. Full interior with a back seat. Ladder bars, coilovers front and rear, with a rack and tubular control arms. Full mild steel cage. Mega-block with B-1 heads. With me aboard and 2 nitrous bottles loaded up, it was 3180 ready to rock and I uweighed about 175 at the time. It was 100% streetable and legal. All lights, horn etc worked. Even the dome and glove box lights still worked..........LOL!!!

I'm thinking that the lack of OEM front/rear suspension/steering could have something to do with that... LOL!!!

Understand that, but AlterKtion and Magnum force fronts are very common these days, as are ladder bars, so not like there was anything exotic or cutting edge on my car and it was still a B-body that weighed less than 3200 race ready with driver. Some of these guys are listing similar cars at 3700-3800lbs.........wow

Monte