Well 2013, Wow is all I can say. At the beginning of the Year Bob George offered me the opportunity to drive his 1965 Plymouth HEMI car. All we needed to do was put together an engine and transmission. So we started the build. The 4 months to take the 65 from the corner of the shop to the dragstrip was a great experience. Bob, myself, Don Martyk, Tony George and the other BGR crew we made it happen. I must say thank you to Bob, not just for the opportunity to drive the 65 but all of the knowledge he passed on to me. That is invaluable. During the engine build, transmission build, and assembling the car, he let me work and watched what I was doing and told me the right way to do it. LOL The day I loaded the 65 in the trailer was surreal, I never dreamed I would have that opportunity.

The season went very well, I picked up the a runner up in the HEMI shootout at the York US 30 Nostalgia Nationals at Beaver Springs and followed it the next day with the WIN in the NSS Class. That was a great day. The rest of the season I spent working on Runner Up finishes. Runner up both days at Curt George Memorial Race in the HEMI class and made two quarter finals in PRO. Over the weekend we put 27 runs on the car and the BGR HEMI never missed a beat. I think the car ran 9.85-9.87 the entire weekend. The Curt George Memorial Weekend at Quaker City was great, my dad was driving Bob's white 64 plymouth in pro as well and was on a roll on Sunday until a dead battery ended his day in the quarters. On Saturday night he made it down to 4 in the gamblers race. Dave Selby picked up the RU in Pro on Saturday as well. It was a great weekend for the BGR team.

The next stop was Monster Mopar at Norwalk. The car was flying high on the starting line and I didnt click the 60'clocks with the front tires all weekend. The on track performance was not very good. I couldnt muster anything outside of a 2nd round loss. On Saturday night in Pro I was 009 taking 005 stripe for the loss. My opponent was 000 002 over the dial. Tough round to lose but it happens that way sometimes. It was a long weekend but enjoyed hanging out with the BGR boys at the track.

The finale for us was the Ghosts Goblins and Gearheads race at PRP. In the $5K race on Saturday 3rd round did me in. I turned on the ole Red Eye 004. Sunday was a better day for $1K race I made it to the final round where I lost a close race by 002.

All in all the race season was great. It was a much more abbreviated schedule than I am used to but overall was a great step back and slow down that was much needed. I was able to get many things done in preparation for our 2nd baby (Still Waiting) and had the time to learn a lot about the 65. This race season brought back a lot fun for me. I enjoyed every pass down the track in the 65 and cannot wait to make the first blast down the track this season.

I know I was long winded but had a lot of things I wanted to remember.

This past year would not have been possible without the support of my wife, Brianna and Daughter Addison. Bob I cant tell you how much I appreciate everything you have done for me. My mom and dad for traveling to the races with us as well.

I am looking forward to a great 2014. I will have a new baby girl to keep me and Brianna busy, working with Bob upgrading some things on the 65 and promoting and running the BGR Championship Series. There are many exciting things to come this year.