Quote:

Yes this is a stick car, I'm planning a Dana swap with cal tracs. I will not go backwards 30 years and run a bias tire. My car rarely sees the track. I want life, handleing, and hook. I play a lot, tire smoke, etc. so I know the Mickie's melt on the street.

That will require a minimum of 2 sets of tires. Drag radials are designed to go straight and hook and not necessarily on the street unless the pavement is very clean. Corners and tread life aren't happening as far as hi-performance is concerned.

I have Cooper Cobras on my New Yorker in 275/60/15 with a 493 and compared to the BFG's I tried first they are real sticky. The twist in my axle splines leads me to believe they are doing a good job too.

The BFG's on the other hand would instantly go up in smoke, shift into second and finally hook at about 60 MPH. It will spin the Coopers but it won't blow them off with 3.23's. The car drives like you would expect any normal car to drive as far as stopping and cornering go.

If you rarely see the track I wouldn't waste my time or money on DOT type slicks.

Kevin