Alot of good advice in this post although somewhat depressing..........The price is just crazy now-a-days....It almost keeps the common guy from having a nice looking car.

Every car I own needs some sort of body work and finding anybody in Northern Michigan is just about inpossible!!! Everyone wants collision work..Its quick and somewhat easy compared to the hours working on something with rust and eight foot long quarters

Im in the same boat so to say, My simple re-paint with no rust repair but a few dents here and there in going to be about $15,000 Im told! On-top of that I gave $3000.00 to a guy to block and prep the car for paint and all my body lines are either wavy or no where near as sharp as they should be so, for the last 10 years its turned into a catch all for junk laying around till I can either win the lotto or sell one of the other cars.

My is just dont tear the car apart till your 100% ready otherwise it'll be a nightmare....I wish I had driven my car and enjoyed it till I was ready to commit to such a huge project.