When a car leaves the line the tires always spin a little faster than the car is moving. I've seen slow motion video. I am just looking to minimize this.
On Sunday. My first pass was average for what I've run recently. So I lowered the rear shock setting and left out a pound of air. The car hooked like I never felt it hook before for a couple feet until it unloaded.Then it made some violent attempts to hook up.
When I went back to the pits I put the shocks back to where they were and the tire pressure. I didn't want to risk this violent wheel spin again so I added 10 gallons of fuel. The car ran a .02 better 60ft than usual. It was my Best 60ft ever 1.44.
The ET also improved by .06 and the mile per hour stayed the same.
Adding 60lbs of fuel should have slowed me down unless like I expected it actually made the car hook better. The adjusted altitude was about 250 higher than my first run in the morning but the car went .06 faster carrying 60 lbs more weight.
I'm going to try double adjustable shocks and see what happends. Then I am going to make the biggest change that I know the car needs a lower rear gear.