Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The best shock in the world on the back won't matter if the front of the car doesn't work.

Monte

And there has never been a word more true spoken! Monte is exactly right!

Can you explain what you mean by the front of the car working? I have 5 inches of travel and the front is loose. I have 90/10 Caltrac shocks which replaced QA1 single adjustables. The Caltracs work better but now my problem appears to be in the rear unloading.The Rancho 9000 shocks have almost no compression damping only resistance on separation.

This post could be a big part of your issue. Drag radials MUST dead hook to work. You can't black track them and get wheel speed up like you do a slick. A radial is hooked or not, end of story. So if you have a lot of front travel as well as it being loose, there is a possibility the car is just pounding the tire early, because the front has too much pitch rotation, too fast. Once the car tops out the suspension(which I am sure it does quickly) the car is DONE transferring any weight at that point and it simply unloads the rear suspension and spins the tire. No way a 9 sec car needs a 90/10 shock to transfer the weight

Those Rancho shocks are just a truck shock modified to go on these cars. They are in no way shape or form a properly valved "race" shock in my opinion. You MUST and I repeat MUST be able to control the rate and distance of front end rise, along with controlling the housing. Sloppy loose and pounding the tire early is NEVER going to work on a drag radial

Monte