Quote:

Quote:

What I don't understand is the sizing? Or lack there of? Is it just us in the Mopar crowd that use bigger sized tires? I've accepted the fact that no one makes "good" tires for 15" anymore... fine, so I'm prepared to go buy new rims in 17" or 18". Sure is frustrating when you research tires... find a "good one" then find out it's not available in the sizes you want? Is it that we are such a small segment that it's not feasible to make "musclecar" sizing compared to tuner cars? I've been watching for over a year now on the hype of the BFG Rival's and how great they are going to be , blah blah ....STILL a year later not sizing? Still seems to be for me Falkens are the only option? Some competition sure would be nice! Next thing will be, I bite the bullet, and buy the rims ,then a year or two down the road find the size I bought is no longer being made? Happened to me in the 15" Firestone Indy 500's

I dont understand this? The Rivals come in pretty much any size we could need. BFG is usually better than most that way, though they seem to quickly pull some sizes as they go. They come in more sizes than the Falkens, which only go up to 315.

I do get the frustration though... you read all these reviews, and the best performers usually have the worst size range. For years Bridgestones were at the top ov Tire Rack's charts, but that company just wont make a really wide tire, ever.

Its not just old Mopars that want these tires... Its OEM spec on Vipers, for one, maybe other supercars too? Plus with all these super custom builds and 'pro-touring' (ugh) customs coming out every day, those 335's show up a lot more than you'd think they would. Maybe not EVERY model needs to come out in a 14" wide size, but i think the demand is there for a few more. Then again, i also think some killer Y or Z-rated 15's in muscle car sizes would sell too. MANY old car guys will never warm up to the no-sidewall look... and only go to 17's and 18's because they absolutely have to.

By the way, i was on Firestone site last night and they still list that 500 tire as a product. Still just an S-rated tire though.

I guess I'm one of those " old car guys?" I'm wanting a 27" (18" rim) rear tire 11.5-12" sec width. I know the rubber band look is best for handling but it's just not me. I still have to look at the car the other 90% of the time it's not on a track! I've never really been a fan of BFG's, I guess I'm jaded by the BFG T/A hockey pucks.

Yes your right, they still do sell firestone 500's but they are not available in raised white lettering like my previous tires. Not that it really matters at this point as I've decided on new rims and tires anyway, just my point is tire companies do not seem to keep the same tire around long. When you wear out or damage a tire your buying 4 instead of just one or two.