Quote:

Quote:

I like my Super Sports.

What is it with the Michelin? People are loyal to that tire, but it was definitely outclassed by a lot of the others.

I'm loyal to Falken because they are supporting the project, but if I were buying my own tires it would definitely be the Dunlop. I've fought power on grip since putting the car together and I know now it's not anything with the car. The Falken simply won't put the power down and the Dunlop will.

Here's a bit of perspective if you lay it out in competition. I was 7th on the road course at Motorstate this year. A tire change would have quite clearly put me in the top 4, if not top 3. Sometimes change is good.

Thanks,

Kevin Wesley

I agree with the test results, but lets face it, nobody except a pro driver is really going to be able to tell the difference. I don't autocross, open track only, so I can't comment there.
That being said, there are so many other factors in choosing a quality tire besides splitting hairs on a closed course. There's ride quality, ease of balancing, treadlife and the longevity (cracking tread, sidewalls, drying out, etc. None of those things were considered in this test. The Michelins come in my size (255 40 18), ride great and quiet, perform well on the track (1:09 at Lime Rock), balance with minimal weight and will last a good long time without drying out.