Here is my take on the Friday night opening. It should have been postponed. The track was not ready to open. None of the systems were properly checked. They knew there were issues that they could not fix in time. Those of us that have worked there for a long time know how to make things work. Unfortunately the new management has no experience and unfortunately it showed. I knew things would be bad when they waited until Wednesday to see which of us could work. When I got there things were not any better. I had to argue with one of the supposed security people(I don't know where the got them, but they were clueless)who would not let me in unless I pad an entry fee. After trying several times to convince him that I am an employee trying to get to work I just drove past him.

For those that came to race, all I can say is I am sorry for the disorganization and the fact that the electrical systems did not work. Given the opportunity, I am sure we, the workers, can and will make things better.

On a brighter note, NHRA, and not the track, will be in charge for the National, and hopefully Divisional event. I will be racing at those events, and I hope all goes well.

Raul