Steve,
But its the hub and disk. And if you rcall, Mike was told that there was some sort of failure with the spindles and small ball joints. So it seems odd that they would put even more development into a custom hub for 10 cars or less cars unless they resolved the sprindle and bj issues with metulurgy or reinforcing.

Speculating here - A plausible off the shelf solution would have been using B-body spindle and upper control arms. Then use the bendix hub and machine the K-H disk to mount to it. The big question is how hard would it have been to mount a K-H caliper to a b-body spindle. But all this could be done in-house.

I'm not saying that Harvey's quote in the magazine is wrong. Just that maybe they got the years a little mixed up. Maybe they were brought on line in '66 but certainly by '67-8. Those hub/rotors are listed in Rally bulletin as 2836148 (right and left the same) along with 8.75 axles 2513750/1-M (right & left) for 1/2-20 studs on 4.5" bolt circles. Rear drum 2534173 required to go with that.

My recollection and understanding of the homogolation papers is that it was the dimensional specs that were most important. As competing manufacturers used the virtually the same brakes (Corvetes, Mustangs) I find it hard to imagine they would have switched to the bigger and heavier Bendix calipers and rotors as a 'cheat', but might have if everyone else was being given a similar allowance.