Quote:

Curious what the A bodies used for brakes. Probably just K-H stuff but almost looks like 15" wheels on the Dart. Love the Dart too but that 42 car always makes me forget all about my car.

I'd guess 68 KH stuff originally in 1968. The car might have got different brakes as rules changed over the years. I doubt the restored car now has KH disk as vintage racing groups are lenient on safety stuff like that and it could be raced as if it were running 1970 to 1972 rules.

I believe the 66-68 Trans Am rules had stricker "stock" requirements. So the brakes would have to be "available" new per FIA approved docs. But a lot of stuff that was FIA approved never was put on a car on an assembly line. For instance 68 Mustangs got approved for rear disk brakes, but I think that was only over the counter.

But in '68 Camaro offered rear disks were over the counter, J52, but in '69 factory option RPO JL8: http://www.camaro-untoldsecrets.com/articles/rpo_jl8.htm

Getting a little off subject, here is a 1968 Car and Driver road test between a 1968 "Mustang" and "Camaro" The Mustange has a dual carb tunnel port 302 and rear disks that were never a production line option. The Camaro has a cross ram intake with plenum fresh air cleaner setup. That was a "trunk item".

Both cars were obviously B.S. made up by the factory for this test. Heck, the guys that did the article had never even seen the F60-15 tires before. My guess is that they were pre-production test/evaluation tires from Goodyear that obviously came into production in 69 and 70's.