Quote:

I'm sure they way it is now they also rub up at the top of the inner wheel well. If you look the inner protrudes in toward the tire.

I flattened that out with a 2x4 and a small bottle jack working VERY SLOWLY and feeling the outer quarter for any movement. This is where mine used to rub.

The best I can do at the moment is a 275-60-15 on a 15x7 wheel with 4 1/4" BS. An 8" wheel needs 5 1/4" BS. Problem is no one makes a wheel I like with that much BS. So it's 15X7 steel wheel for me...

The Dana will help but like Raff said a 1/2" each side might have been too much.

I'll be interested to see how it fits when done, I'd like to swap in a Dana also and a wheel with less BS would help here too (plus more readily available)

Also curious to see how moving the perches in a 1/4" works...

The way it is right now, the springs are lined up exactly with the inner lip of the wheel tub.
There's a little over 3/4" from the tire to there now.
It'll be close with the narrowed rear.
I'll roll over the lip on the inside of the wheel tub too.

These are really only for the track, I'm not planning on any real street cruising on them.

As far as wheels with 5.25 & 5.5 rear spacing, American Racing does some cheaper aluminum wheels with that spacing.
They're designed for later model Jeeps. (1990's on).

Here's a set of 2 for $200 delivered from Summit.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-Racing-...bc8&vxp=mtr

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol