Quote:

And the E-brock is pretty much a Mopar knock-off right down to the stone age combustion chamber albeit with better flowing ports.

Yes... and no. Chamber design definitely "old school", other than adding an angled plug. However, looking at cross-sections of an OEM head and an E head show some pretty clear differences in port design. They're straighter and actually have reasonable short turns that the OEM stuff overlooked.

Quote:

What I don't understand is why Edelbrock made them with those chambers when they already have patterns for fast burn chambers proven to make a bunch more power with 10 deg less timing on other flavors of engines.

The same thought crossed my mind, too. And when Edelbrock started previewing a Performer RPM Xtreme that looked to incorporate a Victor-style chamber w/ the current Performer RPM architecture, I thought that was a move in the right direction.

Then, probably because of the economy taking a big hit, the Performer RPM Xtreme mysteriously disappeared from all Edelbrock web sites and literature, as if it never existed in the first place...