Trying to decide which way to go and would welcome some input from from other racers in my position.
First, some back ground. I built this engine (440 +.030, MP .590 cam, Ross domed pistons 99501, H beam rods, Hooker super comp headers, 1050 dominator carb) with 440 Source Stealth heads. One of them cracked where the early castings were prone to crack (end exhaust port into the spark plug hole, not really cost effective to repair). Then I put my trusty cast iron 452's (some port work) on and was OK with that. Doing so I added 40 lbs back to the front of the car and lost .3 ET (from 6.50s to 6.80s) Now one of the 452's is cracked and I have to make a dession as to which way to go.
I'm not looking for 700 hp or even 650 hp because the car is not tubbed and runs 11.5 X 29.5 slicks on SS leaf springs. I am also trying to keep the cost down as much as possible.
I'm looking at Indy SR heads, but they may be over kill for my needs, plus a lot of others issues to deal with (such as external oil lines, differnt push rods, valley plate, angled plugs, raised exh ports, ect)
All that brings me back to basicly two choices, 440 Source Stealth heads or Eldebrock RPM's. On paper they look very similar. As cast they flow as good as a preped 906 or 452.
All that to ask this; OOB, which head do you feel would be the better choice for me?
Thanks for your help,
Brian

Last edited by '72CudaRacer; 06/23/13 09:45 AM.