Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My old man had a Buick that would get real floaty in the front end at 100+, adding a GS front spoiler helped at those speeds. But at highway speeds the thing was not needed.

He should have just jacked up the rear about 8". My 70 Skylark saw 110-120mph regularly and it was stable till about there (at which time the $5 tires got a bit too sketchy to continue). Maybe thats the key to high speed stability...??? Enough rake to see the complete rearend from a truck driving behind it...??? Hahahaha

Oh... and another handydandy Buick aero tip: you need a better than stock rad mounting when going over 110mph in a jacked-up Buick... heh heh heh...

Ever notice how today's vehicles, especially trucks have a nose down rake to them? Same reasoning, cheap way to clean up the undercar airflow some.

Uh... yyyyeeeaahh.... that was my intention totally. I was so far ahead ov my time... hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

As for these Camaro spoilers... are these the same cheap looking plastic things you see in Classic Industries catalogs? I've handled them and they never struck me as strong enough to withstand any ACTUAL force... more just an aesthetic item. Even the Mopar factory stuff seems flimsy to me. I wouldn't want something giving my valuable downforce blowing off on me at well over 100mph...