Quote:

Quote:

i've got a xr2 block from kent,had lotts problims but kent has taken care of each & every one of them,kents a stand up guy, i got a sugestion to all you bellyackres you try desiging,haveing one cast & find someone to macheine it & see if you can get it done for the amount hes asking for his,or better yet why dont you go get a junk-a-lay & just see what you'll get,i think read somewhere henery ford went bankrupt the 1st time he tryed to stasrdt ford motor co.,theres not one of you guys thats had to do more or been as long as i have trying to get my xr2 going,but you dont see me bitching, becaus if it wasn;t for kent i'd hav to quite raceing because i =WILL not race eather brand x;s, mopar or no-par

So because he half accomplished a difficult task it's okay to pass the buck to the consumer? I don't follow and am no longer considering an xr for my build. At 23 I'm not rich so good money on bad parts isn't my motto.

I'm sure bringing a block like this to market is difficult and expensive. I'm sure anyone that bought one was expecting to do some minor machine work to it but having to redo major machining probably wasn't in anyones mind when they were sold a block with requiring only final bore and hone.

Most of us guys don't have unlimited funds to drop on an expensive part and then spend nearly as much in machine work to make it right. I applaud Kent for doing it but it seems in my opinion, and only my opinion that the execution could have been a bit better. I'm not slamming him in anyway and I don't own one of his blocks but I did consider it. If he ever gets them straightened out I may consider one in the future but quite frankly for that kind of coin a gen3 hemi seems like a better deal.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.