Quote:

after sorting thru all these opinions it seems most say go for the cubes. I guess if I had an after maket block it would be a no brainer,but i'm using a stock 400 block and have been told the longer the stroke the harder it is on the block.looking for durability here too. the 470 still looks good to me. so i'm still undecided on the 470 and 500. i'll have to just weight things out abit. thanks for all your help.

The 400 blocks, all of them, are way stronger in the main webs than the RB or other B blocks are, way stronger My pump gas 400 stroker, 518 C.I. with a 4.300 stroke has been used at the races and on the street for over 6 yrs. now, I did put a set of the Mopar Brand Ductile Iron main caps and ARP main studs in that motor, my current 505 C.I. bracket motor is a 400 block with a 4,25 stroke crank in it also, same main caps and studs as the 518 motor has. The decision is yours, it is always easeir to let the throttle pedal position control how uch HP the motor makes when you have to much power than it is to hop up a already built motor to make more power 1.37 HP per C.I. is pretty easy to make, no matter which combination of bore and stroke you decide to use 1.37x470=643.9, 1.37x505=691.85

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)