Quote:

The 512" stroker kit looks good too, 13.15:1 compression with 72cc heads, and it looks like the block won't need to be milled to get the pistons to zero deck. On the other hand if the pistons are above deck, make sure to use the correct thickness head gasket. The 512" kit also has an off the shelf domed piston it you have larger volume heads.

I think you are right. I'm right now building a 512 based on the 400-block, which has been slightly decked and got bored billet steel main caps, Stealth heads, all from 440Source.

The decking and boring of the mains has got my pistons to protrude worst case 0.016 inches above the deck (piston rocking taken into account by pressing down one side of the piston). I now have to decide on the quench and choose a suitable head gasket.

If I choose the 0.051 gasket minimum quench will be 0.035 and 12.5:1 static comp, while choosing a 0.060 gasket will have min quench 0f 0.044 and the comp drops to 12.2:1 ...don't like the drop in compression...it's an E85 engine.

Martin, 67 Charger, 512 cui, E85, MegaSquirt MS3X sequential ignition & injection