A member suggested this some time ago and I am trying it this week. I want to add relays to my power windows to get the draw out of the dash and hopefully speed them up a little bit.

I am attaching a pic of the relays I am using and have noted where each wire is going. This is using two Bosch 30Amp relays for each window, with the 12v coming from a wire on the hot terminal on the starter through the firewall to a fuse, then split off power for each window. For each window I have a setup as seen in this pic. I am getting 12v to the relays, but no luck making the windows work. I PM'd the member who suggested this, but I figured in the meantime I would see if anyone else sees what I'm doing wrong and maybe someone else can learn from this process.

I found these little holders at a stereo shop that holds two relays. My doubt is that I have the power coming IN on the purple wire as noted in the pic, and a small jumper wire shares that power to the other relay. Is that where I'm messed up... does each relay need a separate 12v feed, or it should work as-is?

Any other tips or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!
Darren

4775992-Window-Relays-1.JPG (2046 downloads)