Quote:

First- I must admit that I'm not a great carb guy. The AFB's actually have not been problematic- but are way too rich. Turns my rear bumper blue. Myself, and friends are all set up with Holley's, extra jets, tune parts galore. For these AFB's- I don't know where to start- Jets, rods, whatever else- I would have to buy parts for them. Just trying to simplify vs buying a bunch of parts that I won't use often.

i know where you are coming from. if it's easier to put a new manifold on, do that. but obviously you are talking manifold, air cleaner, fuel lines, linkage, etc.. (and more small stuff).

to make these work, you won't be talking that many extra parts. your first try will get you close, your second or third will get you there or almost there.

chances are good you can fix your problem with metering rods. if you want to, take the metering rods out and let us know the numbers, something like 68/52 stamped on the rod. take a primary and secondary jet out of each carb, and they will be stamped on the top 086, something like that. these are in thousandths, by the way.

post those and we can make recommendations.

personally, even though you like the holley setup better, i'd give this a couple of tries first. jets and metering rods are around $10 a pair, plus shipping if no one close to you has any.