I have several questions about 727's, I feel like an idiot for asking because it's been addressed so many times, but I don't understand a lot of the answers I've read.

Here goes...

1. What exactly does the "front drum" do?

2. The sprag from what I understand is a one way roller clutch. How does it "break" or come loose just because the tires on the car hook right away? Why would it grab then but not when the tires are spinning? Wouldn't it be prone to failure when the car "bangs" into second gear with a hard 1-2 shift?

3. If the sprag, and LBA if available, slow the rotating mass inside the transmission so it doesn't get out of control, wouldn't that slow the output speed to the driveshaft? In other words, what's turning inside the transmission is turning the driveshaft, if that slows down because of the sprag or LBA, would it not also slow the speed the tires are turning? Or is it independent from the output shaft?

4. If 727's are so tough, it seems like they sound pretty weak to me during the part of taking off where it matters most....the launch. So where is a 727 strong where other transmission are weak and what does that do for the driver? What makes it stronger?

5. Many times I find myself spinning my tires when I leave a light enthusiastically. I know I'm not "doing it right" according to the proper way to do a burnout. I don't consider this a burnout, but does it still apply to the proper ways to not blow a 727? So, let's say I have it in drive (no LBA), take off and spin the tires and they hook before second gear? Did I potentially screw up my tranny?

I just feel like I have to baby this thing like it's an eggshell or something. It's a auto/manual valve body TCI Streetfighter with a bolt in sprag supposedly. But, I have other cars that have the factory press in sprag (if that's what you call it) so I'm also interested in how the questions relate to them as well.

Thanks for any help, I know it's a bunch of questions and they've probably been answered but I just don't understand all of the "science" behind a 727 so a lot of what I've read just leaves me clueless.