I disagree on the electronics part. From my experience it is just not the case. They just become one more variable that can end up costing you a race by missing something.

i have a number of freinds and customers that run the .60 stuff out here. They are doing the same as many .90 guys. They have cars that are capable of going well under the index and generally are holding a good deal. Since some of the santioning bodies out here allow them many use a power adder for the MPH as well in the faster classes. many of those same guys also run boxes/stops in the brackets and .90 stuff as well in the same car.

I have heard the arguement many times that electronics takes the driver out of the equation. It is an age old debate. A good driver is a good driver period. Adding electronics does not make one good period. You either can drive a racecar or cant. There is no "magic" box that makes you a better driver.

Then there is the I dont like elctronics. Yet many of those guys, at least the ones I know love to complain that the non electronic brackets paying less than the electronic stuff. My answer has always been put in a box and come take the money. Entry is usually the same at a local bracket deal and most tracks especially out here pay much beter in the electronics classes.

I do understand not wanting to be on the stop forever, or at all. it is not for everyone and IMO is a highly competitive form of racing. But there is no rule saying you have to. Just a matter of how you choose to race that given index. Slow, in the middle or fast, your option.

As for bombing the brakes. I think you will find that most EVERYONE who has a good deal of success in any bracket is doing this. I know of people who think well I will kill the tree and run the number and will win. Well I think we both know that dont work so well. As previously pointed out here making the race look different to the opponent will throw doubt into most racers minds.

Thn there are the guys who always do the same thing. Another tactic that just dont work for long. Once people figure out your habits you will be very beatable. I chagne things up all the time. Dial honest, dial under by a bit, by a bunch or even dial over. They all work, provided you are consistent and your car is dialable and repeatable and you can trust it. Thing is the other guy never knows what you are doing that way. At the Sportsnationals for instance I actually dialed substantially over the number. Knowing my two opponents in those rounds overwhelming tendancy to hold a fair amount and the fact that I held as well in our previous encounters. I chose to hit the tree and run it out. All this info goes in my logbook.

I am a firm believer that if you are going to be running in index stuff and want to be succesful the best weapon to have is knowledge. Knowledge of conditions, your car, yourself, and most importantly your opponent. Knowledge is KING in index racing.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"