Quote:

I race a 10.50 Index class and one of the things that I realized pretty quickly is that it is a lot harder to run the same number every time with changing conditions than just changing the number on the windshield. I'd keep good records of each run with conditions and what changes you made to maintain the index. Data is king. I also went to one of the under carb manual restrictors to make those small changes required by changing condititons. I choose the ET Genie and in conjunction with Crew Cheif Pro predictor software can predict within .004 what the car will run after I put in the weather changes since last run.

Also would suggest that you make sure you car is exactly the same from run to run. IE; keep same amount of gas, tire pressure, etc. Even try to make sure the engine temp is the same at launch each time. I go so far as to warm the car up in the early rounds so that in the later rounds when you don't have time to cool between rounds the engine will launch at the saem temp. Remember you are looking for consistency not the quickest ET.

My .02 worth.....

Thanks for the input.
I was a et chaser for many years but it seams like everyone is good so fast now days. There is not much satisfaction in et chasing any more.

Doug

MOPAR or NO CAR!!!
1965 Dodge Coronet soon a 6.1 Hemi with a Magnson blower 810 hp on pump gas
1964 Dodge Polara 582" Indy alum Block 426-1RA heads,
1933 Plymouth PE all Steel, LT1 4L60E
1959 Plymouth Savoy 33,000 mile survivor
Old cars are never done. They are ongoing projects!