Quote:

I bought the 'wrong' ones at a local bearing house. Get the bearing(s) from Jamie Passon (passon performance). He has the good stuff all the way around. The wrong bearings will DESTROY a case if you don't swap them out.

I must be the luckiest guy in the world, or I know how to order the right bearing. All of the letters and numbers either preceeding or after the bearing ID mean something. When you order a bearing you have to give all of the numbers to get the right bearing when ordering from a bearing distributor.
So I go to the auto store and order a bearing for and A833 trans. I take the bearing home. What's the first thing you do? You check to make sure it is the same as the one you are replacing. If it don't match you don't use it. Just because the guy/gale in the parts store says it is a cross reference, doesn't make it right. Most of these people read what's in the book and have little of no knowledge of what is actually needed.
I'm not saying that the 308's aren't made anymore, what I'm saying is that if the replacement bearing doesn't match exactly, you shouldn't use it. If you do use it and it does damage to the transmission, shame on you and no one else.

4 speed street legal. Best time 10.99 @ 124 mph on 93 octane pump gas @ 3926# total weight