No I did not forget something. I was just joking around. The Hall of Fame induction was something. The stories that are told here each year, someone really need to put in a book; however, someone would think that it had to be fiction.

The Motown Missle family, Ted Spehar, Dick Oldfield, Joe Papas and Tom Hoover put on a first of it's kind, panel discussion about the Motown Missle, it's design, development, how it evolved over the year and some serious technical information. Mr. Hoover divulges information on the inside workings of the Chrysler Corp in those years and their ideas about drag racing an selling cars. Their audience included some of drag racing most historic figures who, as I heard afterward, found the discussion very infomative and interesting. Hubert Platt and Roy Hill were in attendance.

I and others found it interesting when Mr. Hoover stated that the Chrysler people wanted their racer out doing the now famous Auto Clinic and dealerships all of the country. This did not leave time for race teams to do developement and testing. In come Oldfield, Papas, and Spehard, their 9:00 to 5:00 job was to do the design, development and testing which meant having to race the Motown Missle on the week-ends. What a bad job.

Congratulation to the Don Carlton Family who were present for the week-ends activities and for the induction of Don Carlton into the East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame.

I and others learned alot here and the discussion I had with Ted after the panel event was let's just say mind bending. The knowedge this man has about engine building is remarkable. Now, after I finish reviewing my notes and watching the video we did of the panel discussion, I am going to post further about this discussion with Ted about problems I have had with bearings and connecting rods in a "A-Motor". Some "engine builders" here will 100% disagree with what I was told an will get real defensive. Some parts manufacturer's and their friends here are not going to like what I will have to say.