Moparts

East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio

Posted By: chris3

East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 09/20/12 02:46 PM

It is one month away, October 19,20,21, till the 11th East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame Reunion in Henderson, NC. This year is going to supass previous years. As always, there will be old friends, participants and racer who have been prior, an first times. Returning cars and cars that have never been. If you are a MOPAR fan and are standing on the curb, at the cash point machine,you will feel like you have made it to MOPAR Heaven. There will be five (5) Missle cars in Henderson this year. 71 Motown Missle, 72 Motown Missle, 73 Mopar Missle, 75 Mopar Missle (wire car) and 77 Macomb Missle.

If you have never attended this event don't miss it this year. Go to the web site eastcoastdragtimeshalloffame.com and look at the videos from past years and check out the Press Releases.
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 09/20/12 06:29 PM

Let me be the first to reply on this show. I was there 2 years ago with my 68 Hemi Cuda and was parked between two of the East Coasts best racers, Ed Miller's N/SS 65 Plymouth and Eugene Coard,Ronald Lysles' pro stock Duster. Two great guys that knew everyone. There were gassers, super stocks, pro stocks, customs, street rods, you name it and it was there, and plenty of good eating also. It was well worth the 6 hours of towing to be a part of that event. This is a show to be at!
Posted By: kittrellimport

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 09/21/12 05:51 AM

WE WULL BE THERE

Attached picture 7388433-mall.jpg
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 09/21/12 06:09 AM

Quote:

WE WULL BE THERE

AS WILL I

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/14/12 03:00 PM

Less than a week away, already getting ready. Don't miss this show. There will be cars, racers and events the you may not see again. Hope to see you there.
Posted By: hemiparts

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/15/12 07:00 PM

Talked the track manager @ Roxboro, anybody coming friday night that's intrested in a Nostalgia bracket style race stop by and see me @ my silver " Carolina Twister" Duster or I'll be hanging around HemiFreds trailer. I figured we toss in $15 or $20 a piece and go at it.. See ya'll there...

Chris
Posted By: bobbyb

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/16/12 05:36 PM

I've never been to this event, but I'm going this year. How is the parking and is it easy to find once your in Henderson? I'm not bringing a car, just going as a spectator.

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/16/12 07:27 PM

Bobby, it is easy to find. Garnett Street is the main street in the center of town. The show is on Garnett Street from US-1 Business north to NC-39. Parking will depend on what time you are there. All parking is side street and parking lots. Look at the web site and go to the button News and Archive, there are photos and videos there. Large crowd by 12:30
Posted By: StewartP

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/16/12 08:37 PM

one of the cars going

Attached picture 7423458-Ontheroad.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/16/12 09:48 PM

As always my S&M Duster this will be there

also straight from the stripping tank.naked wearing only a coat of WD-40. MOTOWN MISSILE 72 CUDA We will bring it back next year when the restoration is completed

Attached picture 7423533-DonCarltonMotownMissle_001.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/16/12 11:43 PM

Freddie, when there will be 4 or 5 versions of the FAMOUS Mopar/Motown Missile, nobody cares and Sox and Garderbelt
JOKE

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/17/12 03:12 AM

Quote:

Freddie, when there will be 4 or 5 versions of the FAMOUS Mopar/Motown Missile, nobody cares and Sox and Garderbelt
JOKE

Hey Stewart, I bet that if you can get one of those Missile cars to Roxboro Friday night I'll bet Fred would be more than willing to.......

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/17/12 03:40 AM

But on a serious note folks if you are within a days drive of Henderson NC ( you can forget finding a motel room anywhere near town) I can not stress enough that this is a must see event. Mrs Nancy Wilson has taken a BBQ cookoff and carshow and turned it into one of the largest carshows on the east coast. As we speak all over the great country from AZ to NJ and Fl to MI and all points in between some of the most beautiful show cars and some of the most historic dragcars in the history of the sport are being preped and loaded into trailers to accend on this small southern town. As sad as it is every year they have a moment of silence for racers who do not make it back every year. The stories and tales that are told and shared and priceless as well as unforgetable and should be heard before it's tooo late. And you can be assured from under some rock somewhere someone will pull something out not seen in years.So load up the wagon and come on down we loved to have ya'll and i can guarantee that you'll not be sorry or that you'll not leave with out a camera full of pics and and earfull of stories.

Chris

Attached picture 7424048-phoca_thumb_l_2010-garnett-street-at-ecdthof-768x1024.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/17/12 03:46 AM

I have only been able to get to ONE - but I will say, Ms Wilson, Chris, and all that help put on this SHOW.
They are the picture of true SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY.

StewartP

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/17/12 12:02 PM

Quote:

Bobby, it is easy to find. Garnett Street is the main street in the center of town. The show is on Garnett Street from US-1 Business north to NC-39. Parking will depend on what time you are there. All parking is side street and parking lots. Look at the web site and go to the button News and Archive, there are photos and videos there. Large crowd by 12:30

Thanks Chris, thats very helpful.
Posted By: moparmanjr

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/17/12 01:09 PM

if anyone needs a hotel room please call me i have a extra one 3303287761 thanks

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/17/12 05:53 PM

This is what Garnett Street in Henderson, NC looks like at about 12:00 pm on Saturday of the East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame Car Show.

Attached picture 7424712-82840117(2)(640x480).jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/17/12 07:17 PM

About 9:00 am

Attached picture 7424805-900am.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/17/12 07:17 PM

1:55 pm

Attached picture 7424808-155pm.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/17/12 08:49 PM

Important Request. Can someone try to duplicate this photo, with the just Missile guys that will be there - no pro photographers that would copywrite the photo - But if possible take in as hi-res as possible. Really be a unique photo - Thanks

Attached picture 7424930-97.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/18/12 02:25 AM

Stewart,

Is Ben Donhoff bringing his Missile from FL to Henderson this year ???

Chris

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/18/12 03:55 AM

Chris, I think so. His car is the Original Missile Duster. He currently races it, I think. Aluminum big Hemi with nitrous ?
The car was wrecked in the front and rebuilt, but they failed to realize the wheel base was altered. Probably the only 104" WB Duster. Also, If you get a chance, look in thru the passenger door at the drivers seat bracket. On the one closest to the passenger side towards the front, you might see RF scratched on the bracket. Me did that. Also check out the aluminum/magnesium pedals, if they are still in the car. Also notice down the side of the car, from the rear quarter towards the front, it appears the car bows out towards the front, did not taper the front as was original. All in All, not a bad car, just some minor areas that are not exact. But

Attached picture 7425431-DRIVERSEATBRACKETRF.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/18/12 03:56 AM

Pedals

Attached picture 7425434-pedals.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/18/12 04:11 AM

Cool Stewart, I'll check out the car when i see it Saturday.If he gets to Henderson Friday afternoon, i'm sure we can find a certin Red, White and Blue Duster that we can match him up with @ Roxboro Friday night if he feels like letting that big ol'e Elephant out of it's cage.
Posted By: HemiStan

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/19/12 12:30 AM

I will be there on Saturday. I am leaving at about 0430(!) to meet up with some folks near Suffolk and then we will be driving our cars down together.

Stan

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/19/12 12:47 AM

I also believe the the Don Grotheer 68 Cuda, is on the way

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/19/12 03:14 AM

Stewart, picked-up Arlen Vankee at the airport and took him to Henderson this afternoon. We saw the Grotheer car on an open trailer, on I-85 going north about 5 miles from Henderson. That is one nice looking car. Joe is already there, he had left a message at the hotel for Arlen to call him. Parking lots at the motels are filling up today.

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/19/12 03:20 AM

Chris,
Ask Arlen about the snake in the pillow case story - We go a long way back with that story.
And tell him Howdy for me.

Thanks

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/19/12 03:46 AM

Chris, Elkton 2007
Can you believe it, 5 years ago.

Attached picture 7426753-StewartArlen.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/19/12 01:19 PM

Stewart, I will have my grandson go ask him about that story. He went with me to pick Vanke up at the airport and take him to Henderson. When this reunion got started 11 years ago he was only 2 years old and he somehow just locked on to Ronnie Sox. Every year he looked forward to seeing and hanging out with Ronnie Sox. Now when I say hanging out I'm talking about have breakfast with him every morning and hanging out at his cars.

On our way up to Henderson, when Vanke and I were talking we were talking about some races and Ronnie, I could tell it was kind of still hitting him pretty hard that Ronnie is no longer at the Reunion. On the way home he made the comment that he really has fun talking with my old friend about the races and racing in those days.
Posted By: Mopar Missile JP

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/19/12 02:15 PM

Lynn and I got to Henderson on Wednesday. Had a nice day yesterday just relaxing. Had dinner last night with Arlen and later had a drink with Mike and Rhonda Ricketts (Macomb Missile). Looking forward to a nice day at the lake today visiting with old friends. Stewart told me to take lots of photos so I am ready!

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/20/12 11:33 PM

People at Henderson

Attached picture 7428979-Henderson2.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/21/12 12:52 AM

I just got back. Excellent trip!! I will be going again next year.

Stan

Attached picture 7429078-ProStockHemi.jpg
Posted By: EF8aar

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/21/12 03:32 AM

We had a great time today at the meet. Stan, we saw your car near the stage and it looked absolutely stunning. Thank you for bringing it down.

jerry

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/21/12 03:29 PM

A first for me and I will be back next year(with a car).

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/21/12 06:18 PM

As you all might know, Don Carlton was inducted into the EastCoast Drag racing Hall of Fame,today. On a side note, this plaque was presented to Ted Spehar also today. "Never have so few, done so much, for so many, with so little"

Attached picture 7429803-Plaque2small.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/21/12 09:30 PM

Henderson was also the location of the Birthday Party for Dick Oldfield. Happy Birthday Dick, and thanks for all your contributions.

StewartP

Attached picture 7429980-Dickbirthdaycake.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 02:00 AM

This was and absolutely incredible week-end. The 11th East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame Reunion is now in the books. It appears that this was the largest event yet. There were Soooooo many really nice classic cars, the historic drag cars were unbelivable, historic racers did their bests to talk themselves completely out of voice and the spectator crowd was big. I told a friend on Saturday that I would like for someone to give me a nickel for every photo that was taken from 7:30 in the morning until 6:00 that afternoon just in the area where the Stock/Superstock/Pro Stock cars were parked. I would be a very wealth individual today. And if you did not catch what I posted the show is scheduled to end at 5:00; however, the Motown Missle photo shoot after all of the other cars were gone was incredible. I will post some photos as soon as I have them downloaded.

After the cook-out at the lake on Friday, some of us went to Roxboro Dragway, for some fun. Track was in what appear to be good shape several of the local drivers were complaining about the track prep and track conditions. Our own Hemi Fred showed up after some incident with a flat tire. The track did a big build up about the Sox and Martin car being there. I explained to Fred that the left hand lane appeared to me to be okay, his comment was okay you tell me which lane we run in and let's do it. Fred got the car to the starting line and everyone was complaining the track was bad and he would not get down the track. Fred launches the car and goes 5.92 and those guys could not believe it.

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 02:10 AM

Chris, Mike - Ms Wilson -- THANK YOU - from what I have heard and the pictures I have seen, it was an absolute WONDERFUL ADVENTURE, for all that attended. That was due to you all, the people of Henderson, the restaurants, the Hotels.

THANK YOU FOR PUTTING ON A GREAT SHOW, AND WEEKEND.

StewartP

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 02:37 AM

No I did not forget something. I was just joking around. The Hall of Fame induction was something. The stories that are told here each year, someone really need to put in a book; however, someone would think that it had to be fiction.

The Motown Missle family, Ted Spehar, Dick Oldfield, Joe Papas and Tom Hoover put on a first of it's kind, panel discussion about the Motown Missle, it's design, development, how it evolved over the year and some serious technical information. Mr. Hoover divulges information on the inside workings of the Chrysler Corp in those years and their ideas about drag racing an selling cars. Their audience included some of drag racing most historic figures who, as I heard afterward, found the discussion very infomative and interesting. Hubert Platt and Roy Hill were in attendance.

I and others found it interesting when Mr. Hoover stated that the Chrysler people wanted their racer out doing the now famous Auto Clinic and dealerships all of the country. This did not leave time for race teams to do developement and testing. In come Oldfield, Papas, and Spehard, their 9:00 to 5:00 job was to do the design, development and testing which meant having to race the Motown Missle on the week-ends. What a bad job.

Congratulation to the Don Carlton Family who were present for the week-ends activities and for the induction of Don Carlton into the East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame.

I and others learned alot here and the discussion I had with Ted after the panel event was let's just say mind bending. The knowedge this man has about engine building is remarkable. Now, after I finish reviewing my notes and watching the video we did of the panel discussion, I am going to post further about this discussion with Ted about problems I have had with bearings and connecting rods in a "A-Motor". Some "engine builders" here will 100% disagree with what I was told an will get real defensive. Some parts manufacturer's and their friends here are not going to like what I will have to say.

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 01:15 PM

I'm REALLY looking forward to the photos... Thanks in advance!

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 02:13 PM

I have to agree that i have been to all the shows and this had to the best by far!!! I'll try to post up my pic's later today, but for any one who is a fan of the Missile program that was the place to be.. about 5pm saturday when they rolled 4 of the original Missile's and the fresh prepped body of the 5th together for a "Family Picture " that was way cool. Then to have been one of the 40 people who sat in the room Sunday and listened to the original Missile Crew talk about the history of the cars as well as the building of the cars, was awesome. I would loved to have gotten to hear the whole story of the " private race" between the Mopar team's on a closed track. My two favorite stories had to be either the story of Joe P and D Oldfield hanging out the window taking the Aero pics of the Duster. Or the story about driving the hauler back from Detroit and the " Special Oil Feed " system that was developed on the way back.... Again Kudo's to Nancy Wilson for another awesome weekend it take a monsterous effort to get that many cars in one place, situated, and everybody leave happy and looking forward to next year..

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 02:17 PM

I would also like to thank Hemifred for the chance to sit in the seat of where another of my drag racing hero's sat. All through a charging issue keep me from getting The Sox Duster down the track, the chance to strap in to Ronnie's seat and look down the same same hood as he did was another memory I'll never forget!!! Thanks again Fred

Chris

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 03:01 PM

Nothing can draw a crowd like old hemi cars in a cacklefest.

Attached picture 7430860-HallofFame2012068.JPG

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 03:08 PM

Quote:

Nothing can draw a crowd like old hemi cars in a cacklefest.

I have to agree, they did a rolling thunder type deal where they started @ the top of the street and just rolled down the street, as one would shut off they fired up another from Funny cars to Pro Stockers down to the fuel alterds and the front eng dragsters. Totaly cool!!!!

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 03:14 PM

The Motown Missle Family returned home for the reunion and was more than happy to start off the annual cacklefest. Only one person should have been up on the wheel for the event. Joe and the Missle did not let everyone down. Thanks guys and I am sure the Carlton Family enjoyed their reunion.

Attached picture 7430877-HallofFame2012052.JPG

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 03:20 PM

You really did not think I was going to only post one photo of this cacklefest car did you?

Attached picture 7430882-HallofFame2012058.JPG

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 03:30 PM

Now how do you end a Drag Racing Reunion cacklefest that starts with the Motown Missle other than the sights and sounds of a blown Hemi on Nitro?

Attached picture 7430900-HallofFame2012085.JPG

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 07:11 PM

Photo of Oldfield taking picture, over top of car.
Question, where is JoeP - who took in inside car photo ?
Strapped to roll bar in back seat

Attached picture 7431125-INSIDE2-OLDFIELDOVERCARcopy.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 09:47 PM

as per the story told sunday by Joe P, he was behind don holding on to the roll bar @ 150 mph.. he said Mr Tom Hoover warned him that maybe he should wear a helmet as so not to bump his head getting in and out of the car

I carried my video camera with me Sunday i have not had a chance to preview the footage, if it's good i'll make you a copy Stewart.

They also told a story of the time Dick and Don took their son's to the track.. The deal was after every pass the boys were to check in, if they made a good pass they we're going to load up for the day and go.. We'll they made a pass to their liking, loaded up left went to dinner, then back to the motel and were getting ready to turn in for the night when Sox & Martins transpoter pulled out and out jumped the two boys.

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 10:28 PM

I swear to you this panel discuss was beyond anyones comprehension how much fun it would be and what these guys were going to reveal about the Motown Missle, Chrysler Corp. and the guys who worked with this program. Even Roy Hill and Hubert Platt sat all the way through the two hour event. It is too bad you did not put this photo into the slide presentation you prepared for them.

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/22/12 11:17 PM

Chris, I have so many pictures, just tried to keep it on the timeline for the Missile cars.

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/23/12 01:21 PM

Oh, what's this across the street another Don Carlton car? A slant back Cuda.

Attached picture 7431992-HallofFame2012010(640x424).jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/23/12 06:32 PM

All in one place, First time ever.

Attached picture 7432282-4carssmall.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/23/12 10:02 PM

It was a beautiful thing.....

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/23/12 10:17 PM

Probably NEVER to happen again, sadly. And so many young people do not have a clue. KEEP THE HISTORY ALIVE PLEASE
Posted By: Slap Shot

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/24/12 01:46 AM

any one have a web link yet with pictures from the show?

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/24/12 01:58 AM

i'm not computer savoy i may put my pics on disk and send them to stewart and let him post them..

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/24/12 04:56 AM

Send them, send them, send them - I will make a disc, a contact sheet, and return them to you -- as usual NO CHARGE I even pay postage back to you.

StewartP

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/24/12 04:57 AM

Or just send me your memory card

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/25/12 03:04 PM

I took a few... They are obviously not professional, so I hope no one minds me posting. here goes....

[image]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r87/usa1z28/P1110449.jpg
[/image]

[image]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r87/usa1z28/P1110457.jpg
[/image]

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/26/12 06:05 PM

Quote:

Oh, what's this across the street another Don Carlton car? A slant back Cuda.

that is the real deal it 's Don's BO29 Cuda sold when he came to S&M as a driver . the car is for sale owned by Marco Decearis

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/26/12 07:05 PM

And how much does he want for it, any pictures ?

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/27/12 12:12 AM

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/27/12 12:34 AM

a few more goodies.... thanks to my 16 year old... he "gets it"

Posted By: sixpackjeff

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/29/12 06:02 PM

Quote:

All in one place, First time ever.

I really can't understand why Arnie fabricated the paint scheme on the wire car. It was never a Mopar Missle, even though the team may have originally thought about it. It was always painted in Donnie's colors with black marker lights and satin wheels. Also changed. Also why does the Challenger stil have the torched out wheel-wells that were done by John Livingston when it was the Tennessee Thunder? The Challenger has been "restored" more than once. I know I don't have a say. Just my observation. As No_Politics has proven, you can change history to suit your own needs. No disrespect Arnie, you're to be commended for keeping these cars intact.

Attached picture 7439862-WIRE%20NC%203.jpg

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/29/12 07:05 PM

Quote:

And how much does he want for it, any pictures ?

StewartP, I spoke with the owner for a little while, including price. I have his contact information if you would like.

Stan
Posted By: mr_340

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/30/12 05:14 PM

Jeff, I had the same feelings about the Mopar Missile name being on the wire car instead of Don Carlton as it was in the old photos of the car. From what Stewart sent me from some of the guys involved in the Missile program, that car was to be the new Mopar Missile before the program was cancelled. I think that is obvious. It's too bad the car never made it to the track with the Missile name on the car, then speculation by us would have settled that question. I'm sure Arnie cleared it with the Missile gang before putting it on there. I'll add a note to my post on Classracer about the same thing I brought up over there regarding the name.

Re: East Coast Drag Times Hall of Fame and Drag Race Reunio - 10/30/12 11:44 PM

And the D5 Colt would have been in there somewhere
© 2024 Moparts Forums