Quote:

No problem on the hijack. Great info.

2 things;

- looks like a mirror imaged A body heater box there in your Australian A body dash photo

- and I read a while back Ford made a 4 door diesel Ranger for the Australian market that looked a great idea for OUR market. I always wondered why they didn't bring it to the US. Has again 4 door, a decent towing capacity AND got like 30 or 35mpg!

PS On the RHD drive conversions, do they RE-offset the motors to the left? Cause the us cars are offset to the right. If not it would be VERY tight on the RH side. By the way why do we offset to the right. To allow room for the brake booster and steering box or to compensate for the added weight of the booster and steering box or both?

I can take some pictures of the heater box for you tomorrow...I have a couple of them actually. (They are in my back little shed and it's pitch black out there now and the spiders might get me. )

Yep, they did have some of the mid sized trucks, lots of toyota's and nissan's, but the Ford too...not sure if it was the same sort of Ranger as our's or not off hand...never really saw a ton of them there from memory.

Loads of diesel Landcruisers and Patrols all over the place though too.

As for moving the engine over..my buddy with the 440 powered Satellite I showed above (with the dual quad on it) has the engine in the original position..it is tight around the steering box but it's in there. He is the same guy with the '68 Charger R/T. It's a original 440 car, but in the early 70's had a Hemi in it for a while...not sure if they move the engine around a little or not for exhaust room.

He is putting a Hemi into it again (or it might go in the Satellite for a while..) but he'll use a rack and pinion so no big deal for steering at least.

The V8 Aussie Valiants (small blocks only they used) had an offset brake booster that moved it aside to give some extra room.

Oh, and also keep in mind..the Aussie steering boxes mount to the frame rails, not the K frame and where smaller in size..so had more room as it is.

Oh, and another thing..the V8 cars had to use a remote oil filter from the factory as well, since there was no room for it on the block with where the steering box goes.