Quote:

The way they used to do it.. (A friend of mine has the very first 1968 Charger ever sent to Oz actually, and was the first converted one..) was to just chop up the original dash and just chop and glue, bondo, etc until the got the look they liked, then skin the original chopped up one in vinyl to get the grain in the fiberglass mold.
Then just flop them out of the mold, clean them up, and paint.

I've seen it done in person numerous times on Chevy trucks as we did hundreds of RHD conversions on them.

The modern way, yet higher price of course is the way the new Camaro we did was done. The original dash is scanned by computer, flipped, then a 3d model is carved out of like styrafoam and the fiberglass mold is done from there.

I know a guy who does full volume conversions on new Ford trucks and he ended up going all out and having an OE style plastic dash made in RHD for them which is about the ultimate way to go..

All the steel plates under the dash and for firewall are of course cut out and welded in place.

Thanks for explaining!

So, Ford doesn't sell new F150s in Australia? I always thought Ford was dominant there.

Mike.