The crank sensor has three wires as you know. The signal wire which is 5 volts from the PCM looking to ground and go to 0 volts. One wire is a ground and the other is the power up circuit for the sensor. Some use 12 volts and some use 8 to 9 volts and some even use 5 volts to power them. I believe yours is an 8 volt power up circuit. At 7.4 you may just have a slightly low battery. But the 5 volt signal wire should be either 5 or 0 volts. Unhook the sensor and make sure it reads 5 volts and then ground the wire and make sure it reads 0. If it does it sounds like the crank sensor is the problem but you might want to check the wire diagrahm to make sure the power up circuit is an 8 volt circuit to make sure its not a 12 volt power up circuit which would of course mean a wire problem or PCM problem. I have been away from turning wrenches for 2 years but I think everytime you ground the 5 volt signal circuit with the key on the auto shutdown relay should energize. If you dont have acess to a wire diagrahm let me know as I can still get on the Mopar site and get the wireing for you . Ron

Last edited by 383man; 08/29/12 03:01 AM.