Working on trying to get a 95 ram 5.2 running. I noticed a code for the ASD relay, code 42 by doing the on-off-on-off-on thing with the key. I checked the asd relay and found it's not switching on when the key is put to the run position.

I have found a problem to be the wire the ECU uses to ground the relay to make it switch on. A wire my diagram calls ASD relay control. I checked it with my multimeter and with one end on this wire and the other end to battery +, I get 12v whether the key is on or not. Looking at a wiring diagram, it looks to me like the computer is supposed to ground this pin when I turn the key to run, yet this is not turning the relay on. I have spare relays and tried them to no help. I disconnected this wire and ran a wire straight from the relay to ground, causing the relay to turn on and the fuel pump to turn on. When I hit the key it starts and runs for about a second then dies. Any ideas? Sound like my ECU is bad? I followed the wire back to the computer and checked for resistance and it's all good.

Last edited by DaytonaTurbo; 09/23/12 06:53 PM.