Quote:

If I can just hijack this thread, now that the main question was answered, is that 14 gauge fusible link shown in the MAD diagram heavy enough to carry the current on the charging wire from the alternator to the battery? What would be the equivalent size fuse to use, rather than fusible link? IIRC, when I did my wiring I initially used a 30 amp fuse but it blew right away so apparently was not heavy enough. I now do not have that wire fused but connected directly and it is making me nervous. I have the 60 amp denso alternator in a 69 Road Runner with 500ci engine. Voltmeter is showing normal charging.

It depends on ammeter size. On a '70 the charge wire was 12 guage, fusible link 16 guage and the alternator rated around 50 amps. Maybe the 14 guage fusible link + 10 guage charge wire is good for 60-70 amps intermittant.

With a big alternator, I just don't think its a good idea to route charging current into the pass compartment at all. On mine that has a 100A alternator I run 6 guage wire and a 10 guage fusible link right to the fender relay.

The voltmeter is hooked to the power supply for the instrument panel which is ignition switched. If the volt meter is not on a switched circuit it will eventually drain the battery.