I'm putting a few facts together and thinking my engine is too far forward in the chassis ('70 Duster with newly installed 440 using Schumacher mounts):

1) The idler arm does not quite fit into the recess of the #187 oil pan (the recess is about 3/4-inch too far forward for it to be correct).

2) The Pitman arm hits the Pro-Parts header (if the engine was 1/2-inch farther back, this would not happen).

3) When installing the transmission mount, the bolt holes in the tranny did not line up properly with the holes in the mount, and I had to make the slots in the mount longer (again by about 3/4-inch) to get the bolts in. Again, if the tranny (727) were about 3/4-inch farther back, the tranny mount would have aligned.

I didn't put all this together until yesterday. I had thought I was going to have to dent the headers and oil pan. But I had just enough of a glimmer of intelligence to overcome my neanderthal instincts.

As I said, I'm using Schumacher mounts. Schumacher emailed and said I could maybe get 1/4-inch adjustment to the rear using the slots in the brackets. But I need more than that. How much rearward movement could I expect if I loosened up the K-member bolts (supporting the engine, of course)and moved the whole K-member to the rear? Has anyone else had to do this?