Quote:

Quote:

If anything I would be slotting the holes on the K frame to make it fit based off correct trans mounting. As close as things to begin with, if the trans mount was not modified then the headers would probably clear, pan to, change that and work from there.

That's exactly my thinking. I'm pretty certain that, if the tranny mount holes lined up, the other clearance problems would go away. Slotting the holes in the K-member seems like a solution, but then the rear edges of the insulators would really be hanging out way past the rear of the K-member. Maybe that ends up just being an appearance issue, but I'd like to avoid it.

The only other thing I could come up with is that maybe I have the wrong set of Schumacher mounts. I would guess that the /6-to-B/RB mounts would be way different and wouldn't install at all, though.

I think we've established that the mount brackets are installed correctly (thanks for the pics, CrazyD).

Slant 6 drivers side mount is the same , Pass side is different so one braket would be right the other would be different and off by a lot .

I was going to ask what was meany by RECONDITIONED K frame ?

If you don't [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] too much of the insulator hanging off , I really not impressed wit hthe way they are to begine with , then I'd weld a small platform , if you well , so there is more support under the biscuit ...

Or just use Elephant ears ...

The more I look at these mounts the more money my spare factory big block K is worth ...