Quote:

Uh-oh! Look who has come out his cave, to give his .
I see both points that are being made. Charlie certainly knows what he is doing, but, if I were a friend/crew member, and saw that vid, I would tell him that he bumped his damn head, if he were to make another pass, with that setup. As far as the argument about weight? Huh? I gladly added the weight of my Champion beadlocks, but, gained the security of knowing that I did everything that I could possibly do, to protect myself, and the guy in the other lane. I guess adding the 10+ pound fire system was a mistake too? No offense to any of the bracket guys, but, I only follow the heads up stuff, so, I will only comment on the heads up arena. To be honest, I feel that Beadlocks should be MANDATORY, at the speeds that these cars are running.(6-7-8 second cars) Can the shi_ hit the fan on a 9 second car? Of course. My point is, if you have had to abide by the Specs (25.2, 25.3, 25.5), why are they overlooking a major player in the drivetrain? The wheels. My Cuda, with the Pro Stock Hemi, made in the area of 1250-1275 HP at the wheels (rough, but, conservative guess) There was no way that I was going to trust my life on some screws to hold that wheel/tire in place, at 160 mph. The 25.3 Spec was a good start, but, you still have cars that weigh in the area of 3500 pounds, going 200 mph, on a little tire. Bada$$? Yes. Totally crazy dangerous? Yes. Might sound a bit off topic, but, I did the tech for every car at the last West Coast Hod Rod race, and was very surprised to see a number of fast (mid 7-8 second) cars, that had no beadlocks. Alright, back to my cave....

I know this whole deal is like beating a dead horse!
When I told Charlie about this post, he laughed and shook his head.
He runs 20 screws per side, and they change tires every 12-15 passes. And NEVER has there been a tear in a bead of a tire. Those guys (Hot Street, Pro Stock, SSO) have been doing it for yrs! And if you put a GoPro on your 1/4, chances are the tire is doing the same thing if your wheel is as wide or wider than the tire...

It's a bigblock with a torque flight!!!