I have a post in the general area, when I was not sure what broke on my engine.
Found that I broke another rocker stand off my Edelbrock Victor Max Wedge heads. It seems to just be the center rocker stand, but the casting looks really porous and the helicoli does not go into the head below the stand (If it did, I doubt this would have broke?)

I am using PAC1325 valve springs installed at 1.950", so closed pressure is 275#, and open (0.714" lift), is just over 700# open. Solid roller Comp HXL lobe 264/264 duration cam. I usually shift around 6,500 RPM max, but have a 7,000 RPM limiter chip in the MSD, and I may have hit the limiter in the burnout box a few times.
The Rocker arms are T&D 1.6:1 ratio, with Smithbrothers 3/8"x0.089" wall pushrods.

When I first built the engine, the drivers side head broke (split) the center rocker stand, and I just though that it was my fault for running rockershaft shims. So, I milled the stands flat and used the maxwedge style rocker shaft hold downs. Because the stands break down to the base, a spacer was machined between the head and center hold down. Under the spacer I installed a 3/4" long TimeSert into the head for the center hold down bolt.
I have not had problems with the other rocker shaft stands, but they are wider, and the center stands have the heli-coils located further down in the head (below the oiling hole.)

7290220-Edel-Broke1.jpg (267 downloads)