Quote:

Thanks...That helps me partially. The actual clearance issue I am having is not with the fan itself, but the large round portion of the fan clutch that faces the radiator core. This is where the 1/4" separation is. I have plenty of space between the fan blades and the radiator core. This is all after market items and as far as a shroud goes, the American Eagle product line of Champion Radiators doesn't have a shroud available for my application. The Champion side does have the combo of radiator/shroud offered. I do have a MoPAR shroud but it will require some "fabbing up" to make it adapt to the American Eagle radiator. I also have the stock original radiator as well but I am reluctant in using it as it has been checked for leaks, but in reality it needs a re-core and it is just not in the budget at over 300.00 based on my latest quote. And that was the cheapest. I want to stay with the Aluminum radiator as it will dissipate the heat better than the OEM one especially out here in the HOT West, and may just opt for a 16" pusher fan in place of the water pump fan set up....Thanks in advance....

1/4" for the fan clutch is very close. If you have a thermostatic clutch it is designed to engage/disengage properly based on the air temp passing through the radiator. At 1/4" you will get radiant heat from the radiator that will prematurely engage the fan clutch. This will lead to the fan working more than it really needs to cool your application. Still sounds like you need a shorter fan clutch to me. This will set the fan and clutch back further from the radiator.

70 Road Runner 383-4 4 speed FJ5 & black guts
70 Charger R/T 440-4 4 speed FJ5 & white guts