Quote:

I got tired of bending front spring segments.

Quote:

Im bending springs up right behind the shackle.

Based on these comments, I'd say you've got a big problem with your homemade traction device binding your springs and reaching yield points in the main leaf. Is it really in both ends? If so, you do have major issues. Since you had asked about a cal-trac set up in a handling application some time ago, I think you may have answered your question as to why they aren't real popular.

Myself, I'm not a big fan of the cal-trac/slide-a-link set ups for the simple fact that they are designed to make symetrical (non mopar) springs act more like a asymetrical (mopar) springs. The mopar design is already there so it doesn't need the same type of tuning that a ford or chevy needs. BTW, you know the cal-trac designer is a Ford racer, yes?

Traction shocks may not prevent the damage from occuring, they just slow down the reaction to the load that creates the damage. Ultimately they will eventually run out of travel and the spring will bend again or you'll create a new binding point and bend somethng else.